Recent News

With nearly 9500 county tics this year I'm tired, but not done yet. I have planned efforts nearly every weekend for the next two months to bring this on home. I'll make 10,000 at this point and look at pouring on additional items as time allows.




Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Madness Blooming - More Stuff...

Of course I can never leave well enough alone as I scour the DNR website for State Parks I realize I may as well stop at the 9 State Waysides while I'm doing this big year. Of course it's never that easy as at least one of them has a 2.5 mile one way trail so that will be a 5 mile hike that will need to go into the time plan. (Should be fun to offer limited bird lists for them though.)

The wife is showing interest in one or two north shore trips that gets me all the way to Grand Portage, so that will be fun.

Friend Kevin Manley also indicated interest in tagging along to some select parks on the year. I didn't really think at first anyone would want to join such outings, but perhaps I should look at pulling others along on some of these trips and make that a thing as well. I'm sure the bulk of my outings will be solo, but it could be fun to get others in on the action as well.

I also found that 10 state parks boast waterfalls so those will be on the list for a nice sub-list and photograph experience. A few of the parks have multiple so that could be 12 or more waterfalls to get into the plan as well.

And while I was at it 5 state parks have fire towers that can be climbed by the public so that will need to be a thing also, because; Why not?

This doesn't even cover the potential need to spring for both the Hiking Club and Passport Club packages ($15) each that would have a passport book stamped for each location visited and then the Hiking Club signage that has a password involved. Not sure the hiking club one will be done in a year though since some trips will be in the winter months and I wonder if the trail will be ski only on some parks that I visit.

So much to do, but I'm working on this nightly to get a plan in place that has enough slack in it that I can absorb bad weather, bad luck, and just the general unknown happening. Fun to dig into something this epic to the deepest levels and dream big. This is where I belong, deep into the details of something bigger than myself and filled with adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment