Recent News

With nearly 9500 county tics this year I'm tired, but not done yet. I have planned efforts nearly every weekend for the next two months to bring this on home. I'll make 10,000 at this point and look at pouring on additional items as time allows.




Sunday, October 29, 2017

Content Streams & Planning

Planning continues as I begin to look at seasonal timings for State Park trips and figuring out ways to hit the different state areas equally in all seasons of a single year. I'm sure I'll end up having to throw out a lot of planning in favor of grinding out park visits when the opportunity rises, but I can at least try to put something together as a blue print.

I did some editing on the blog design and was able to figure out how to put my Twitter feed on the blog using a Twitter widget. Not difficult at all and should allow me to tweet on birding days fun details, etc...

I also was able to find a free widget for getting my Instagram feed up on the blog as well. This will be right across the top of the page in a banner for the time being. I'm not a huge fan of the images linking to a non-Instagram page to view the larger image content, but I guess it's the price to pay for free widgets.

More to come as the 2018 planning and content design moves forward and I try to close out my 2017 Washington County Big Year effort. (Found a small group of FOF Common Redpoll today at Belwin Ballfields as well as some Fox Sparrows. Also had a FOF Rough-legged Hawk at Lake Elmo Park along with my 3rd or 4th Northern Shrike.)

No comments:

Post a Comment